The last 52 Years

 


 

 

 As a traveling man I have put on a few miles.

Tomorrow I will have completed thirty billion three hundred sixty-eight million miles around the sun. That is to say I will turn 52 on the 15, October. It has been a journey for sure.
In that time, I have seen my ups and down, lefts and rights. A number of opportunities to be enlightened, and quite a few attitude adjustments.
I have been blessed with 2 beautiful daughters, a son and 6 grandkids. I will say it is a joy to see my daughters and their families. Those children are their hearts.
In my life I have always sought to belong. Of course, the quest for knowledge did not hurt either. I studied different religions and ideals. Everything from Neo-Pagan to Evangelical Christianity. Yes, that is quite a leap, lol.
But it is with in Masonry I found what I was looking for. It does not take away from the things I studied and learned over the years. It helps put it in better perspective.
Over the years I have been a member of the Blue Lodge, Scottish Rite, Shrine, Free Runners. I am thankful for each one of these groups as they have taught me things. I am still a member of some, others I am not. I still see the value in each.
While in my Blue Lodge I have been a Tyler, Chaplain, Senior Warden, and Master, then on to Grand Lodge as a DDGM. I am honored to have my brothers trust to place me in those offices. I would honestly like to sit as Junior Steward this next year and experience all the chairs I have missed.
I think people get confused sometimes. It’s not about rising to a specific “level.” In my opinion we are all still that “friend” in the Northeast chair. We are just having a unique experience.
Its kind of funny as a remember standing in a Yule Circle and being asked what I wanted. My response was “I want to serve.” I was warned not to leave a comment open ended. I responded again “I want to serve”. Serve I have.
So, as I sit and enjoy my “wee dram” and stick. Well, I will later its not yet 10 am here. I will do so celebrating the blessings I have in my life. My kids, grandkids, the trials I have gone through, things I have learned, the chance to serve, and the willingness to continue.
Here is to 52 years and an even more impactful 53
I love you and may we govern ourselves accordingly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miracles...You won't find them in the Temple

What is in your cup?

To lead is to serve